Update: February 28, 2022
We would like to reach out to convey changes in our COVID policies to adapt to rapid changes at the federal and state level. The pace of changes over the last few weeks has been remarkable, and we would again like to again thank our families for patience and trust in us.
Effective today, February 28, Illinois' Governor lifted the state's indoor masking requirements, including face coverings in day care settings. This change in policy does affect our children, families, and staff. We would like to be sensitive in moving forward of all family situations including our little ones who are not eligible for the vaccine. Katie's Kids will not require masking indoors and wearing a mask will now be optional for your family.
We will remain respectful and supportive in your families decision.
Vacation or Holiday Seasons: If your family decides to travel and/or celebrate in a large setting, we are asking that you quarantine following the event. Thank you for your understanding our request to take special precautions this holiday season. Katie's Kids appreciates your continued partnership with our center.
Mask Policy: 8/1/2021
Due to the increase in numbers of Covid-19 in our community and nationwide, we are asking all individuals dropping off and picking up children to wear a mask.
- Continue to take precautions to limit your exposure as you move about in the community.
- Wash your hands often and wear your mask in group settings.
- If your child or someone in your household shows sign of illness, please use a cautious approach when deciding to send your child to school.
- If someone in your household shows signs of COVID-19 and needs to be tested, please keep your children at home until the results are known.
- e-Envisioning, Not Just Rebuilding: Looking Ahead to a Post-COVID-19 World
- Q&A: The Coronavirus Pandemic: Mental Health One Year Later
- The Brain Architects Podcast: COVID-19 Special Edition: Mental Health in a Locked-Down World
- Rewild your kids: why playing outside should be a post-pandemic priority
- Returning to Childcare During COVID-19
- Returning to Early Childhood Programs During COVID-19
- Peoria, Bloomington and Normal police issue trick-or-treating guidance, hours