We proudly feature the REGGIO APPROACH in our curriculum
Katie’s Kids Learning Centers serves children ages 6 weeks to 6 years old. We offer quality care in a home-like and professional environment. This attention to high quality in a professional and comfortable environment sets Katie’s Kids apart from the rest. By providing staff that possess the best skills to offer a warm, supportive and stimulating environment, we are able to meet the needs of each individual child.
We believe that children should be actively involved in play to develop the whole child. Teachers prepare a variety of engaging choices for children each day. Children learn to get along with other children.
• A curriculum that emerges from the needs and interests of children and teachers.
• Parents as partners in documenting children’s learning.
• A sense of community in the classroom and the neighborhood.
• Continuity and stability in relationships between children and their teachers.
• Openness and directness in interpersonal relationships at every level of the organization.
• Respect for the environment inside and outside the classroom.
WHAT WILL YOU SEE AT KATIE’S KIDS LEARNING CENTER?
• Low teacher to child ratio
• Involvement with community education programs
• Long periods of time to play, focusing on interests and practicing skills and friendship
• Variety of interesting textures, natural colors and things to investigate and discover
• Wall adorned with images of the lives of the people and the families who spend their days there together
• Central reception area
• Developmental Progress Reports/Portfolios
• Parent Workshops
• Large outdoor environment
• Demonstrated commitment to providing high quality services for children and families.
• Nutritious meals and snacks prepared by an on-site chef.
• Mixed age child groupings
• Teachers with degrees in early childhood and child development or related field